Hwacha: A Flexible Intent Fuzzer with an Automatic Tally of Failures for Robustness of Inter-Component Communication in Android Apps
Hwa-Cha(Multiple Rocket Launcher)
Sin-Gi-Jeon(Fire Arrow Rocket)
Hwacha is a flexible Intent fuzzer with an automatic tally of failures for robustness of inter-component communication in Android apps. The flexibility comes from the use of Intent specification language to decouple Intent testcase generators from executors. This Intent fuzzer employs a traditional longest common subsequence algoritm to classify failures automatically.
Hwacha provides a GUI-based interactive mode and
a command-line based mode for testing a single Android app; a batch mode for testing multiple Android apps.
Download (for Windows)
- Kwanghoon Choi, Myungpil Ko, Byeong-Mo Chang, A Practical Intent Fuzzing Tool for Robustness of Inter-Component Communication in Android Apps, KSII Transactions on Internet and Information Systems, Vol.12, Issue 9, pp.4248-4270, September 30, 2018. (PDF)
- Kwanghoon Choi : Android JUnit Test Code Generator, Command-line based Processing, Main UI
- Myung-Pil Ko : Main UI, ADB Command Runner, Intent Specification Parser (both Java and Haskell versions), Intents Generator
- Seungwhi Lee : Batch mode, Watch dog
- Sung-Bin Yoon : Intent Specfication Generator (from APK files and AndroidManifest.xml)
- Ji-Sun Choi : Gathering 20 Android App Binaries for Testing (including Facebook, KakaoTalk, etc.)
- Hyun-Soon Kim : Grouping Similar Logs into the same single failure
- Email : kwanghoon.choiXyonsei.ac.kr (where X is @)
Last Updated: September 1st, 2018.